Saturday 17 October 2015

Environment & Colours

I've done a couple of environment to help frame and contextualise my designs. The first of which is a canyon with a large river at the bottom and forest at the edges. My second environment is thick jungle that would have been a very common environment of the cretaceous period. In the jungle environment I made sure to add plenty of steam and mist to emphasise the heat and well oxygenated era. And though the canyon has great potential I chose to use the jungle as I believe it's truer to the creatures that I have created. Bright colours on bugs and animals alike are usually a sign of danger, eg poisonous. However they can also be used to attract, whether it is for insidious purposes or not. I think I prefer the idea of using colour to resemble danger and to this end my insect will made up of pleasant or vibrant colours. Plus I enjoys the contrast bright beast will bring to the field of battle.


No comments:

Post a Comment